It’s impossible to eliminate stress completely, but managing your stress is the first step to a healthier lifestyle. High levels of stress can wreak havoc on your weight loss program by increasing appetite and weight gain. So the next time the going gets tough, try one of these helpful tips to help minimize the tension and keep your weight loss plans in check.
- Count to ten: When you start to feel steam coming out of your ears, take a deep breath and count to ten. Sometimes even a little mental mini-break is enough to calm down.
- Exercise: Go for a jog, play tennis or take the dog out for a walk. Just get moving as part of a positive outlet for stress.
- Make a list: When being under the wire is making you go haywire, making a to-do list gives you a feeling of control in hectic surroundings.
- Listen to music: When you feel like you can’t focus on the task at hand, humming along to a favorite tune lets you put stressful thoughts on the back burner.
- Do what you love: It is so much easier to manage stress when the rest of your life is filled with activities you love and enjoy. Find a hobby that really makes you happy and that you are passionate about. Whenever the pressure is on, turn to this activity to help you tackle stress.