Go for extra-lean, cheesy meatloaf. If you're following a weight loss plan, ground beef can still be a part of your diet.
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 package of gravy mix
- 1½ lbs. extra-lean, ground beef (or extra-lean ground turkey or chicken)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with skim milk)
- 1 tsp. chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine gravy mix with ground beef, onion, pepper, garlic and salt. Pour mixture into a shallow baking pan.
- Prepare potatoes by mashing them and adding skimmed milk. Add chives to potatoes, mix and spread over beef mixture.
- Put in oven and bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheddar cheese over meatloaf. Bake for the last 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Calories: 238 Fat: 10g (90 cal) Carbs: 20g (80 cal) Protein: 17g (68 cal)