To cook this amazing chicken cacciatore, add garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, peppers, olives and broth.
- cooking spray
- 6 chicken breasts (6 oz.), boneless, skinless, chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato puree
- ½ cup spanish onion, diced
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Spray a non-stick cooking pan with cooking spray.
- Cook the chicken thoroughly over medium-high heat.
- In a large pot, add tomato sauce, tomato purée, onion, green pepper, garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook on low heat until tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add the chicken, cover, and cook over low heat for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and cook uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Calories: 287 Fat: 3g (27 cal) Carbs: 10g (40 cal) Protein: 55g (220 cal)